Wednesday 23 March 2016

#Narrowboat



Living on a narrowboat affords me unlimited opportunity to indulge my other passion- photography. I love social media as a way of expressing myself, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram....I use them all. I also like to use different apps on my smartphone to create photo montages. Using a hashtag # to tag words to the images (such as '#narrowboat' or '#canal'), they can be searched for, viewed and shared by other users. Quite a lot of the photos from this blog have been liked and shared multiple times by people all over the world. I love the connectivity of the internet and a photo encapsulates a feeling, sentiment or a story in any language. As the old adage goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.. So with that mind I will just let the pictures do the talking....


Christmas at Heatons Bridge



Autumn mornings at Ring o Bells




Ring o Bells early spring evening and mornings



Sparks Bridge winter mornings




Crooke winter mornings




Burscough autumn sunsets





Tarleton winter trip



The Kelpies in winter


Autumn leaves



Ruffords late winter and early spring


Working the locks on the Rufford Branch





No comments:

Post a Comment